Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stevens: Out for the season

The chance to see power forward Andrew Stevens in the line up are getting slimmer everyday. Management tried to convince the left winger to join the team for the 2009/10 season, but seems like Mr.89 has other plans. The decision took everybody by surprise, former line mate Alain Godard explains “He decided not to play this year”… when asked to ellaborate Godard stated “Drew is messed up, one day he’s a singer, next day a comedian, a soccer player, a cyclist, a juggler, a striper, a puppeteer and the list goes on and on. He just needs some time to get his shit together.”

Apparently shaken by the void created by the departure, AG74 comments
we’re pretty erratic “Don’t ask me about Stevens… I’m not f**king Nostradamus. Yeah I remember grinding my feet on his couch, cocaine is a hell of a drug”. Clearly, nobody was going to get any valuable information out of the brave heart stunt double.

Stevens did state he would gladly help the team if needed “I will sub any day of the week… Except Sundays, that’s my lazy day to just lay in bed and watch TV covered in shame glaze."

Stevens spent a lot of time discussing the topic with Mats Sundin, he felt he could get a few pointers from him. “I meet Sundin when I was travelling this summer, I was lucky enough to be introduced to him. We sat down and he talked to me for a few hours… I would of probably learned something if he hadn’t decided to make his entire speech in Swedish!!! Big bald dummy, made me lose wood and precious time.”


Management is still hoping to see Stevens have a last minute change of heart, “There’s an open spot up front, if he wants it, done deal…else the rosters will stay as is”.


We’ll certainly have more information when the team gathers for training camp next Tuesday. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment